Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Raspberry Vanilla Refrigerator Oatmeal

Guess where I found this fabulous recipe? Pinterest. I bet there is no suprise there. At first I was skeptical....cold oatmeal? However, it is absolutely delicious! Super easy to make and eat, healthy, and perfect for a weekday morning. I will warn you, it will take you a few bites to get used to cold oatmeal, but after those few bites you will be won over. There were a few different recipes for refrigerator oatmeal, my favorite is the raspberry vanilla.

Ingredients:
1/4 C uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
1/3 C skim milk
1/4 C greek yogurt
1-2 tsp chia seeds (I used flax seed)
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp raspberry jam
1/4 C raspberries
*This recipe doesn't make a whole lot, but it is filling. I tripled this recipe when making it for my husband and I. Boys need a little more.

Directions:
1. In a half pint jar, or bowl, add oats, milk, yogurt, seeds, and jam. Mix together.

2. Add raspberries and stir until mixed.

3. Add lid to jar if that's the container you're using. Refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days. Eat chilled.


*230 Calories (4g fat, 8g fiber, 11g protein)