Wednesday, February 20, 2013

DIY: Easter

Easter....already?! Believe it or not, Easter is just over a month away. I have gathered a good amount of decor for the other holidays but I basically have nothing for Easter. I'm sure you've seen banners all around lately, or you probably have some for your own home. I think they are an easy, cute, fun way to spice up your home. I made an Easter banner using scrapbook paper, cutout letters, string, and laundry clips-simple! The colors are a bit different than the 'usual' Easter colors, but I prefer it.

 

 Next, I HALF made an Easter basket. I saw a few ideas on Pinterest and I thought this would be a fairly easy task. I already had this green Easter basket from last year and I used leftover fabric. I didn't cut the fabric into strands, I ripped them so that they'd have the worn out edges. Then I got to work, all you do is wrap and wrap and wrap. I'm probably not going to use it as Beckett's Easter basket (too small), maybe as a candy holder. Anyways, you can do a lot with these two ideas and make them your own!