Sunday, November 25, 2012

DIY: Christmas Hanging Decor

I LOVE Christmas decorations! I have really added to my collection these past few years. This year I made a few new decorations that I think added the perfect touch. They all ended up being some type of hanging decoration, which was not planned. They were all SUPER easy to make and easy to make it your own.
 
 
1. Falling Window Ornaments: All you need for this are ornaments (various colors & sizes), and ribbons or string. You want to make sure you have a sturdy top to your ornament; I hot glued the tops to the ornament to make sure they wouldn't fall apart. Then you string the ribbon through the loop, your going to want various lengths of ribbon. After that, you're ready to hang them up, it's that easy!  I just taped the top of the ribbon to the backside of the blinds. You can make as many or few as you want and adapt it to the size of your window.
;

 2. Window Bells: I found a great deal on these glittery bells at Target, just $1 each! Just like above I hung them from string and hung them to the outside of the window. It added a fun little touch to the porch decor. I also liked them because they sparkle at night with all that glitter!



3. Falling Snowflakes: For this last decoration idea you need popsicle sticks (lots), a glue gun, paint, and string. First I made snowflakes using different amounts of popsicle sticks, hot gluing them in the center. When done I painted them, I did half red and half white. Once they were all done drying I hot glued some cute brown ribbon in between each one. In my house, I thought it would be cute to hang up two strands of these snowflakes, one on each side of the fireplace. I liked the outcome!