Thursday, November 29, 2012

Yogurt Bites

Okay, so probably everyone of you reading this has seen a picture or pin on Pinterest about frozen yogurt bites, or something similar. I was no different. My son has been a picky eater lately but has always liked popsicles, so I decided to try this out. I didn't read any of the tutorials on how to make these, it is pretty self explanitory. Here is my spin on it.

What you need: yogurt, ziploc bag, spoon, wax paper, food coloring (optional)


1. First I divided my yogurt into 2 small bowls. In one bowl I added blue food coloring (made it a little more fun), I left the other bowl the natural color.


2. I cut a VERY tiny piece off of one of the corners on the ziploc bag. I then filled the ziploc bag with one of the bowls of yogurt.

3. Squeezing gently, squeeze little dollups of yogurt onto the wax paper. Repeat this with the next bowl of yogurt.

4. When you're all done making the little dollups/dots put the wax paper in the freezer. I put the wax paper on top of a big pot lid I had so that it sat more flat in the freezer. These freeze pretty quickly, an hour or two.

5. When frozen and ready to eat, I popped off the yogurt dots into a bowl for my son to eat. They are super easy to pop off when you put them on wax paper. The best part? Beckett loved them! He thought the colors were fun and I think he thought it was candy since it was frozen. A great way to deceive little ones :)

Suggestion: If your children are little, I would recommend NOT putting food coloring in the yogurt. It makes it more visually appealing, but it is a bit more messy when they are eating.